Part Number MPU004
Data East MPU Board
MPU004– This completely redesigned board replaces Data East’s MPU / Driver Board part numbers 520-50003-01, 520-50003-02, 520-50003-03 and 520-50003-04.
Our boards are plug-and-play compatible with the original board set (assuming the common 512k Game ROM). No special tools or mounting tricks are required and the swap can be done by even the most novice of “installers”.
Benefits over the original Data East board:
– Williams WPC type mounting holes for ease of install / uninstall.
– No batteries required for memory retention (no acid damage, ever!)
– Simplified driver design using logic level FETs
– Beefed up switch matrix drive for better durability (good to 100V back drive)
– Board is made with 100% through hole components.
– No custom parts used in this design (all parts can be purchased through usual suspects)
– Major component designators carried over from original design so original schematics can be used.
– Jumpers and ROM configurations clearly labeled on silk screen
– Board comes jumpered for the 512k Game ROM (80% of games)
– BoArd comes with complete set of schematics
With version MPU004-3 of this board a DIP switch was added. To see DIP switch settings for DE click here
- ABC Monday Night Football
- Back to the Future
- Batman Forever
- Guns ‘N Roses
- Jurassic Park
- Last Action Hero
- Lethal Weapon 3
- Phantom of the Opera
- Playboy 35th
- Rocky & Bullwinkle
- Secret Service
- Star Trek 25th
- Star Wars
- Tales from the Crypt
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Simpsons
- Time Machine
- Torpedo Alley